I wanted to share with you these delicious and HEALTHY recipes for your kids lunches.
These recipes were created by Joanna Parker, mom and founder of Yumble. Yumble is a brand new meal delivery service for children that delivers affordable and healthy meals that your kids will love eating!
Turkey and Gouda Pinwheels
2 slices of Turkey Slices (I love the Applegate line - choose your favorite flavor!)
1 slice of Gouda Cheese
A schmear of Mayonnaise
A schmear of cream cheese
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (I love the Whole Foods Organic Wrap - all clean and few ingredients!)
1. Place the wheat tortilla on a flat surface.
2. Down the center, thinly spread the cream cheese.
3. Then place the turkey and cheese slices on top.
4. Spread the mayonnaise on top of the cheese.
5. Place your hands at each end of the wrap and fold down the sides of the tortilla. Slowly roll the tortilla while using your fingers to keep the fillings in place.
6. Once fully and tightly wrapped place seal side down and slice into 6 pieces with a sharp knife.
7. Serve with fresh veggies and fruit.
Homemade Teriyaki Tofu Skewers
14 ozs of extra firm tofu, cubed (I like the Nasoya Organic Extra Firm)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of cornstarch diluted in water
1. Wrap tofu slices with paper towels to absorb excess water and to let out moisture. It really makes a difference!
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients for teriyaki sauce (soy sauce, water, honey, maple syrup, and garlic). Then whisk in diluted cornstarch.
3. Marinade the tofu in teriyaki sauce for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Drain the tofu, reserving the marinade in a separate bowl.
5. Skew three cubes on mini heat-safe skewers.
6. Heat oil (I like Olive or Avocado oil) in a pan for frying on medium heat.
7. When oil is hot enough, fry tofu cubes until crispy and golden on all sides. You’ll need to stand by the pan and toss them frequently so they don’t stick.
8. Enjoy these utensil free yummy cubes on their own or with rice, Asian style noodles, or veggies!